We're cutting over to the new version of the wiki. If you see this notice, you're on the old version, but should see the new one as soon as DNS updates for you.
40d:How do I get my dwarves to haul stones only from certain areas
From Dwarf Fortress Wiki
(Redirected from How do I get my dwarves to haul stones only from certain areas)
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
- You can esignate -> uilding properties -> orbid stone that you don't want them to haul.
- If you have two areas mined from two types of stone, you can manage your stockpiles carefully.
- Place one stone stockpile near the stones you want to haul; since dwarves generally prefer to haul nearby objects, this stockpile should fill up with the correct stones.
- Place another stone stockpile at the stones' intended destination.
- In the destination stockpile's uery menu, select ake from stockpile.
- Navigate to the first stockpile and press enter. Now your dwarves will transfer the desired stones from the first stockpile to the second.
See also: Stone management