DF2014 Talk:World activities
 Structure and direction
So what's the direction we're going to with this page? A general overview of what happens during play? I think we should at least mention the whole "nobody invades" thing on the relevant invasion pages (Siege, Embark choice, and/or maybe defense guide), and link to this page. As for a general structure, a possible organization could look like this:
- types of activities
- inheritance (death, birth)
- site ownership changes
- movement (armies, bandits, migrants)
- things being discovered (scholars writing books - or does that only happen during worldgen?)
- maybe a paragraph for things that don't happen (yet)
- festivals only occur in world gen, right?
- How it affects the player in fortress mode
- mention that you get information with the liaison (anyone got a screenshot handy?)
- how to get invasions
- proximity to site
- sufficient enemy population
- not occupied in other wars (so maybe "sufficient available enemy population")
- time (especially since we don't have ambushes right now, so it seems to take longer until the goblins do anything at all)
- others (no idea about that actually)
- king may change?
Somewhere on the page, a link to legends mode could be useful, too. Any other suggestions?
Some questions I couldn't verify:
- are new sites actually created after worldgen finished? At the very basic level this would mean just tent camps, but I don't know if they just appear from worldgen, or afterwards, too. Relevant devlog on 07/18/2012 mentions them as 'temporary sites'. Couldn't find anything else on site creation in the devlog
- I for one havent seen a new site built. But the changelog said "site foundation" is in-fact a thing ToadyOne: "World activation! There are a few things that aren't active, like megabeast invasions, but lots of world gen actions made it into the game. Birth, death (to the extent it wasn't handled before), marriages, site foundation as well as reclaims" http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Release_information/0.40.01
One peculiar bit about this quote though is he mentions that megabeast invasions arent active, we know they move around on the world map and attack sites, but did this change after release or are fort attacks by megabeasts still scripted?
- has anyone observed a site structure changing? That is, visited a village, left it, to return later and see that it has been looted by an army/bandits and had structural changes like ruined houses or piles of skulls or whatever. Devlogs on 07/14/2012 and 10/13/2013 seem to mention something about it, but I don't know if it made it in the release
-I have seen this happen while travelling, I have also seen towns reclaimed from ruin. The buildings came back. I sadly dont have the save. Also they do expand in-game now Untrustedlife (talk) 21:04, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
Also: There is some relevant information in the devlog around 12/12/2013 and 11/05/2013 regarding the way site ownership changes and legitimacy work. Don't know yet how to add this to this page.
-This one is a toughie you can cause this sort of thing in adventure mode though but that means player intervention. I have stumbled across villages mid-insurrection though. I assume for now it is based off the entity raws however.
Untrustedlife (talk) 21:04, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
Another question is whether this page should include changes relating specifically to you as adventurer, as the general idea of this page seems more geared towards things that happen without the player's influence. CLA (talk) 14:34, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
- Also, I Dont believe merchants actually move around on the world map yet (the ones that come to your fortress anyway) , everything else does though. Untrustedlife (talk) 21:04, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
 about FB movement
From the February 2016 FotF :
 Next version
So it doesn't get lost here's a quote from the devlog on 10/06/2016:
Should we wait until release to add this to the page? I know people started updating the wiki as new info came about during the last release process. There was alot of speculation though, the artifact and adventurer pages will also need alot of updating when this happens.As well as new content (heirlooms, artifact quests and competition with other AI questers etc, ) Untrustedlife (talk) 17:50, 29 November 2016 (UTC)