We're cutting over to the new version of the wiki. If you see this notice, you're on the old version, but should see the new one as soon as DNS updates for you.
DF2014:Attribute table old
 Skills by Associated Attributes
(**) Unless otherwise prohibited by traits.
(***) Social skills: Conversationalist, Flatterer, Negotiator, Persuader, Consoler, Leader, Pacifier, Teacher, unless otherwise prohibited by traits. Does not include Comedian, Intimidator, Judge of intent, or Liar.
Notes: This data assumes, without evidence, that the same skills use some of the attributes that they train (i.e. that high agility improves chance of dodging). Game version 31.18.
- Spatial Sense and Kinesthetic Sense are almost everywhere
- Nothing trains Disease Resistance, Recuperation, or Musicality
- Intimidation and Comedy, social skills, raise Agility. Dwarven comedy is slapstick/clowning, not stand-up.
- knowledge_acquisition (student) doesn't boost skill gain except for teacher-student relations in a barracks
- Choose high-volume labors that train useful attributes for milita day-jobs/bootcamp
- Fishing, Siege Operating, and Record Keeping are useful for marksdwarves as they train the Focus attribute
- Hunting (ambusher/sneak) has identical attribute gain to Crossbow and Archer skills